- Personal information that the Company collects from and regarding customers, debtors and clients is used to locate, contact and correctly identify consumers, understand and confirm ability and/or willingness to pay past due accounts, provide customer choices of multiple contact channels, understand the most convenient time and place of communication, suggest appropriate payment methods and understand preferences, and determine alternate methods of collection of past due accounts if amicable avenues are unsuccessful and may include, but is not limited to:
- consumer names and addresses;
- other contact information, such as telephone numbers, email addresses ;
- language preferences and special accessibility/communication requirements;
- information regarding customer transactions, such as account numbers, account balances, payment history;
- balances and history of past due accounts
- credit, identification and reference information, such as date of birth, employment information, driver license numbers, previous addresses, and general financial information or;
- bank information or payment preferences for pre-authorized payments.
- The Company limits the amount and type of personal information it collects to that which is necessary for the business of the company and as permitted by law. Personal Information will be collected using procedures that are fair, transparent and lawful.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- The Company will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected unless consent is given by the individual to use or disclose it for another purpose or as is required by law.
The Company has developed explicit retention periods for closed accounts, after which the personal information will be destroyed or made anonymous. Under certain exceptional circumstances, the Company may have a legal duty or right to disclose personal information without the individual's knowledge or consent.
- The Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information will be kept accurate, complete and up to date. Individuals may challenge the accuracy and completeness of personal information about them and have it amended, as appropriate.
- In executing its responsibilities with respect to the confidentiality of personal information, the Company will employ a number of safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Such safeguards will include physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures, for example locked filing cabinets, restricted access to offices, security clearances, limiting access on a need-to-know basis and the use of passwords and encryption. Procedures for implementing these measures will be communicated to all employees and third parties to ensure compliance with this principle.
- The Company will make its policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information available to its customers. The Company will keep its customers informed of these policies and practices and customers shall be provided access to all related policies and procedures via the Company web page. The information will be available in a format that is easy to understand.
- Any person can have access to the personal information about them that the Company has in its possession or control. Any person may request that their personal information be amended for purposes of accuracy and completeness.
- Any person can make a request for information in writing via email (email@example.com) or by mail, to General Credit Services Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, Suite 410, 1100 Cremazie Boul. E., Montreal, Quebec H2P 2X2. Verbal, unsigned or unidentified requests for information will not be fulfilled.
Notification in Event of Security or Privacy Incident
- In the event of a real, or perceived threat or event relating to privacy or the security of information under the care and control of the Company, the Company's designated Privacy Officer must be alerted by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1-877-313-4274 Extension 3353.
Changes to this Policy
- In the event that the Company makes changes to this policy, a prominent announcement will be posted on the website.